Bookkeeping is crucial to a business—and its accuracy is the difference between failure and success. Surgent is proud to partner with AME Learning™ to offer Accounting Fundamentals for Bookkeeping, an accelerated program designed to give current and aspiring bookkeepers the skills necessary to prepare and maintain accounting records for a business, from individual transactions to final financial statements. Bookkeepers will understand the why behind the entries that are posted or prepared by their accounting software. Focus on the accounting cycle, cash flows maintenance and recording payroll liabilities–one of the more complex transactions regularly recorded. Powered by AME Engage™, this course features Accounting Map™ interactive tutorials that provide a hands-on, interactive experience for professionals to learn the foundations of bookkeeping.
This 25 hour course will cover how to:
- Post entries to the general journal and general ledger
- Track a transaction or event from the initial date to final preparation of the financial statements.
- Identify or establish internal controls and fraud prevention policies.
- Create and interpret the information found in financial statements.
- Create policies to maintain petty cash and track business cash flows
- Record payroll liabilities
- Prepare a statement of cash flows
Who Should Take This Course?
Beginner bookkeepers seeking a more formalized and deeper understanding of accounting principles. Office managers, administrative assistants, or any other professional responsible for maintaining their business’ accounting records (e.g., bookkeeping).