Financial Accounting Course Description
Accounting is “the language of business” and serves as the foundation for success in many career paths. Whether you are preparing for a career involving analysis of financial statements, looking to enter a graduate business program or trying to get a promotion, financial accounting principles are essential to excel in the next phase of your career.
Surgent has partnered with AME Learning to offer the Financial Accounting Principles course. Delivered through the AME Engage™ platform, this self-paced course features Accounting Map™ interactive tutorials. This course is designed to give students and professionals of all levels the foundational financial accounting knowledge to analyze a company’s potential or prepare their financial statements. This course will cover a range of topics from the accounting cycle to determining profit or loss to understanding financial statements and evaluating a business’ health and viability.
Course Objectives of Financial Accounting:
- Accounting rules and standards
- The Accounting Cycle: Journals and Ledgers, Adjusting Entries, Preparing Statements and Closing EntriesInventory: Perpetual and Periodic Systems
- Cash and Internal Controls, Receivables, Non-current Assets, Current Liabilities
- Accounting for Partnerships
- Accounting for Corporations: stocks and dividends
- Long-Term Liabilities
- Statements of Cash Flows
- Financial Statements Analysis: ratios, liquidity, profitability and operation management
Who Should Take This Course?
Professionals of all levels – from entry-level staff to executive leadership — who seek to gain a foundational knowledge of financial accounting concepts.