Training and professional development can be tedious and boring—especially when it comes to complex topics like fraud detection and auditing. Surgent has partnered with Red Flag Mania to offer a hands-on, gamified learning experience that empowers professionals and students to identify fraud red flags. Instead of reading about tactics, you’re placed in the center of a real-life situation through film and interactive evidence, as you are tasked with solving the crime… Can you get to the bottom of it?
In Season One, we’ll help you hone your skills in three key areas: Ethics Dash, Audit Challenge and Fraud Scheme Hunt. In a true-crime narrative, you must follow clues and find the culprit, reflect on ethical decision-making, assess internal control weaknesses and determine risk.
- Apply the fraud triangle to identify the perpetrator
- Recognize fraudulent transactions
- Assess internal control weaknesses
- Identify red flags within the organization
- Understand the importance of professional skepticism
- Recommend policies to strengthen internal control policies
Fraud Scheme Hunt
- Identify and define various fraud schemes
- Discuss the importance of segregation of duties
Who Should Take This Course?
Entry-level and early-career accounting professionals will benefit from this learning experience, as well as any accountant wanting to improve their ethical decision-making skills. Enhance your understanding of professional skepticism and improve your ability to detect and identify fraud schemes.