Small Business Accounting Fundamentals
- • Linking Personal Accounting to Business Accounting
- • Fundamentals of assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses, owner’s equity
- • The Accounting Cycle: debits and credits, making a journal entry, the general ledger, adjusting entries at the end of the accounting cycles, financial statements
- • Cash and Internal Controls: bank reconciliation and petty cash
- • Basics of payroll accounting, sales tax and various payable accounts
- • The meaning behind numbers in financial statements, various financial ratios and how they affect your small business
- • Decision-making with accounting information to help plan and control your business
- • The relationship between cost, volume and profit
- • Business strategies and measuring business performance
Full program Course
Basic Excel Skills
Students must be able to view .PPTX files
AME Learning™ is a cloud course provider for fundamental accounting and financial literacy. The AME Engage™ learning environment contextualizes the study of accounting in a practical online learning environment featuring the patented Accounting Map™ interactive tutorials. These multi-sensory tutorials guide learners through the key accounting concepts in progressive learning modules and help users to easily understand abstract accounting concepts in an interactive user experience.
AME Engage courses support everyone looking to enhance their understanding of accounting and the financial world, including students, people starting their own businesses, employees preparing for their first management roles and people looking for new jobs or retraining in mid-career.