Effective June 14, 2022
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating our Websites, the Platform and the Apps, providing the Services and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information.
1. Contact Information
When you contact us or our customer support team via the Website, the Platform, or the App, email or by mail, when you call us, or when you sign up to receive our newsletter, you will be asked to provide certain information which may include your name, email address, and phone number (collectively, the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future products and services.
If you would like to use the App, you will need to download the App from the Apple, Google Play or any other app store through which the App is made available to you.
2. Billing Information
3. CE Information
When Registered Users register for an account on the Platform or the App, in addition to providing Contact Information and a username and password, you will also be asked to provide your birthday, name of your employer, and your professional credentials and license number (collectively, the “CE Information”). Such CE Information is used to create your account and administer and keep track of your CE credits.
4. Geolocational Information
We may automatically collect geolocation information from your device via your browser’s location services. You may provide permission for this collection on the device level (e.g., you have consented to location services generally through your browser’s settings) or by accepting our request for geolocation access on the Services. Please consult your browser’s documentation regarding how to turn off location services. If you disable location services, you may not be able to use the full array of features and functionalities available through our Services.
5. Other Information
In addition to the Contact Information, CE Information, and Geolocational Information, we may collect or receive the following additional information (“Other Information”):
• From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Websites, the Platform, the Apps, and the Services, we automatically collect certain information when you visit the Website, the Apps, and/or access or use our Platform or Services. This information includes but shall not limited to, IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website and the App you visit, and similar information concerning your use of the Website, the App, the Platform and the Services; information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), App type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G) (“Activity Information”).
• From Cookies. We also collect Activity Information by using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device to “remember” information about your visit. We may use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer/device until you delete them). If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Websites, the Platform, and the Services may not function properly.
Below is a list of analytics providers that we use; however, such list may be subject to change based on how we wish to understand the user experience and we will endeavor to update it diligently. You may use the accompanying links to learn more about such providers and, if available, how to opt-out from their analytics collection.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertisers/Remarketers
For Google Ads, please visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en-US
For Brainlabs, please visit: https://www.brainlabsdigital.com/privacy-policy/
For Facebook Ads, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
For LinkedIn Ads, please visit: https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/62931/manage-advertising-preferences?lang=en
For Microsoft Ads, please visit: https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/ad-settings/signedout
For AddShoppers, please visit: https://www.addshoppers.com/privacy
You may elect to receive SMS text messages from us regarding the continuing education programs that you have registered to attend, and/or continuing education programs that you may find of interest. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our Websites, Platform and/or our Services and may prompt messaging such as reminders regarding the program, changes in dates/times, and requests for program reviews. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. By opting-in to receive SMS text messages from us, you acknowledge that messaging and data rates may apply depending on your phone service provider. You may opt out of receiving SMS text messages at any time by texting “STOP” in response to the text messages you receive or by changing your notification and communication preferences in the Platform. However, by opting-out of receiving text messages, you may not be able to use full functionality of the Platform and Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide our Websites, the Apps, the Platform and the Services to you, and to operate our business. These business services include:
Service-Related Usage. We use your information to provide and support the Websites, the Apps, the Platform, as well as to provide the Services to you, such as: Communicating with you and website visitors, soliciting your feedback, and informing you about our products and services. We may also send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
• Analyzing and Improving the Websites, the Platform, the Apps and the Services. We may run calculations, aggregate, normalize, clean, and make derivative works of the information obtained about you in order to
o Understand and analyze usage trends and preferences;
o Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services;
o Improve the Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionality; and
o Test the Services and our infrastructure to make sure the Services are working correctly.
• Marketing: As permitted by applicable law, we may use your information for marketing purposes, such as informing you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners that could be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you. We may also use aggregated information (which does not identify you personally) for marketing purposes. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send you electronic marketing communications.
How We Share Your Information
We may share transfer, or disclose your information if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
• To provide our Websites, Apps, Platform and Services to you and to assist us running our business. We may engage other companies and individuals to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing shipping, name and address verification, marketing, order fulfillment, email distribution, market research, third party advertising, fraud detection and prevention, promotions management, and payment processing. These other companies will have access to your information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. We may also share your information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, or other companies under common control with us as well as with the brands owned or controlled by us.
• To better understand and serve our customers. In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, we might analyze your information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Websites, the Platform, the Apps, and the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
• As part of the sale or other transfer of our business. As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or similar corporate event, then your information may be part of the transferred assets.
• For legal purposes. To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose your information when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect your, our or others rights, property, or safety.
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
You may access, review, and make changes to your personal information by following the instructions found on the Websites, the Platform, the Apps, the Services or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any our marketing email. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases.
Security of Your Information
We take commercially reasonable security measures to ensure that your information is treated securely and is protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Websites, the Apps, the Platform, and/or the Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure of your information.
Links to Third-Party Sites
The Websites, the Apps, the Platform and the Services may, from time to time, contain links to external websites. We encourage you to review the privacy and security policies of any externally linked websites that may be accessed through the Websites, the Apps, the Platform or the Services. We assume no responsibility or liability for the information collection and disclosure practices of any external websites that a user can access through the Websites, the Apps, the Platform or the Services. Please check the privacy policies of these external websites before you submit any personal information to them.
DO NOT TRACK
As discussed above, third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Websites, the Apps, the Platform and/or the Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Important Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
Our servers are located in the United States. Please be aware that your information, including your personal information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use Websites, the Apps, the Platform, or the Services, you do so at your own risk.
Notice to California Residents
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal data to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note, however, that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
Or write to us at:
201 N King of Prussia Rd, Suite 370
Radnor, PA 19087