When starting your accounting career, Surgent IQ® will help you build the kind of in-depth, in-demand skills and practical knowledge that help you stand out in the hiring process and on the job.
Surgent has partnered with AME Learning to provide fundamental accounting curriculum…
- Accounting Fundamentals for Bookkeeping
Bookkeeping is crucial to a business—and its accuracy is the difference between failure and success. Surgent is proud to partner with AME Learning™ to offer Accounting Fundamentals for Bookkeeping, an accelerated program designed to give current and aspiring bookkeepers the skills necessary to prepare and maintain accounting records for a business, from individual transactions to final financial statements. Bookkeepers will understand the why behind the entries that are posted or prepared by their accounting software. Focus on the accounting cycle, cash flows maintenance and recording payroll liabilities–one of the more complex transactions regularly recorded. Powered by AME Engage™, this course features Accounting Map™ interactive tutorials that provide a hands-on, interactive experience for professionals to learn the foundations of bookkeeping.
This 25 hour course will cover how to:
- Post entries to the general journal and general ledger
- Track a transaction or event from the initial date to final preparation of the financial statements.
- Identify or establish internal controls and fraud prevention policies.
- Create and interpret the information found in financial statements.
- Create policies to maintain petty cash and track business cash flows
- Record payroll liabilities
- Prepare a statement of cash flows
- Small Business Accounting Fundamentals
Accounting Fundamentals Course Description
Running any business requires expertise in a large and diverse set of areas: sales, marketing, creative, operations, finance. And in a small business, it’s not uncommon for a single individual to oversee them all.. A business can have the best product or service; but if the owner can’t manage cash flows or keep track of expenses, it will struggle to reach its potential. In a climate where nearly half of small businesses fail within the first 5 years, companies can position themselves for long-term profitability and sustainability with the proper accounting fundamentals. Small business success depends on you accurately knowing your margins on each of your offerings. This fundamentals course prepares you to know your financials like you know the rest of your business, putting you on a path towards long-term viability and profitability. Surgent has partnered with AME Learning to offer this interactive training program that will concentrate on giving small business owners the financial literacy they need to price their product, understand their costs, and operate at a profit. Plus, learn to implement successful business strategies that improve viability, helping your business to thrive. Delivered through AME’s powerful learning software, AME Engage™, you’ll experience hands-on, interactive Accounting Map™ tutorials that make small business accounting easy to understand.
This 25 hour course will cover:
- Linking Personal Accounting to Business Accounting
- Fundamentals of assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses, owner’s equity
- The Accounting Cycle: debits and credits, making a journal entry, the general ledger, adjusting entries at the end of the accounting cycles, financial statements
- Cash and Internal Controls: bank reconciliation and petty cash
- Basics of payroll accounting, sales tax and various payable accounts
- The meaning behind numbers in financial statements, various financial ratios and how they affect your small business
- Decision-making with accounting information to help plan and control your business
- The relationship between cost, volume and profit
- Business strategies and measuring business performance
- Financial Accounting Principles
Financial Accounting Course Description
Accounting is “the language of business” and serves as the foundation for success in many career paths. Whether you are preparing for a career involving analysis of financial statements, looking to enter a graduate business program or trying to get a promotion, financial accounting principles are essential to excel in the next phase of your career.
Surgent has partnered with AME Learning to offer the Financial Accounting Principles course. Delivered through the AME Engage™ platform, this self-paced course features Accounting Map™ interactive tutorials. This course is designed to give students and professionals of all levels the foundational financial accounting knowledge to analyze a company’s potential or prepare their financial statements. This course will cover a range of topics from the accounting cycle to determining profit or loss to understanding financial statements and evaluating a business’ health and viability.
Course Objectives of Financial Accounting:
- Accounting rules and standards
- The Accounting Cycle: Journals and Ledgers, Adjusting Entries, Preparing Statements and Closing EntriesInventory: Perpetual and Periodic Systems
- Cash and Internal Controls, Receivables, Non-current Assets, Current Liabilities
- Accounting for Partnerships
- Accounting for Corporations: stocks and dividends
- Long-Term Liabilities
- Statements of Cash Flows
- Financial Statements Analysis: ratios, liquidity, profitability and operation management
Shopping for a team?
Let’s work together to customize our educational content for your team.