Training and professional development can be tedious and boring — especially when it comes to deepening your understanding of complex topics such as fraud detection and auditing. You want to do more than just read about past frauds or how to prevent future frauds. You want to know if you could find fraud at your company or at your client. Surgent has partnered with Red Flag Mania to offer that hands-on experience. We have created a unique, gamified learning experience that empowers professionals and students like you to identify fraud red flags by doing more than just reading about them. Instead, you’re placed in the center of a real-life situation through film and interactive evidence, and are tasked with solving the crime… Can you get to the bottom of it?
In Season One, we’ll help you hone your skills in three key areas: in our Ethics Dash, Audit Challenge, and Fraud Scheme Hunt. You must follow clues and find the culprit, reflect on ethical decision-making, assess internal control weaknesses, and determine risk in a true-crime narrative. No need to be an expert on sleuthing – this platform is exciting, rewarding, and rigorous.
• Apply the fraud triangle to identify the perpetrator
• Recognize fraudulent transactions
• Assess internal control weaknesses
• Identify red flags within the organization
• Understand the importance of professional skepticism
• Recommend policies to strengthen internal control policies
Fraud Scheme Hunt
• Identify and define various fraud schemes
• Discuss the importance of segregation of duties
Who Should Take This Course?
• improve their ethical decision-making skills
• to enhance their understanding of professional skepticism
• to improve your ability to detect and identify fraud schemes
Check out the trailer: