Delaware (DE) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the examination and then licensed by the state. An individual becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the state board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Delaware CPA Exam requirements:
Delaware CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- Minimum 24 semester hours in accounting including coverage in Financial Accounting, Auditing and Taxation
- Need 150 hours to be granted certificate but do not need 150 to sit for the CPA Exam.
Delaware CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Delaware CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the CPA Examination Services for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application it is best to make plans to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, CPA Examination Services will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in New Castle or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Delaware
Delaware CPA Application Process
Delaware CPA Application Forms
Delaware CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $150
Other fees: Re-exam registration fees $75 regardless of the number of parts requested.