Indiana (IN) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the Indiana CPA Exam requirements:
Indiana CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- Baccalaureate degree with at least 24 semester hours in accounting at undergrad or graduate level or graduate degree with at least 24 semester hours in accounting at undergrad level or 15 semester hours at the graduate level
- Baccalaureate or Graduate degree, minimum of 24 semester hours in business administration and economics courses, other than accounting at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours.
- Note that candidates can complete a Certificate of Enrollment so that they may apply to sit for the Exam before graduation. Final transcripts must be submitted 60 days following the end of the testing window in which you sat for the CPA Exam.
Indiana CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Indiana CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the CPA Examination Services for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems with your application being processed, now is a great time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, CPA Examination Services will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Carmel, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Merrillville, Mishawaka, Terre Haute or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Indiana
Indiana CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $150
Other fees: Re-exam registration fee $75 regardless of the number of parts requested.