Oklahoma (OK) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Oklahoma CPA Exam requirements:
Oklahoma CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- 30 semester hours in accounting above introductory level (minimum of one auditing course) and 9 upper division hours in business courses
- At least 76 credit hours must be upper division
Oklahoma CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Oklahoma CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? Yes
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Once eligibility is approved, complete and file the “Candidate for Examination Application” from the state website. This requires a $50 fee with each application and the candidate may apply for one to four parts of the exam with this application.
- Pay the exam fees. After the candidate application has been processed, a payment coupon will be sent to the applicant. The exam fees for all four parts will total $734.10 and are payable to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) within a 90-day period. Once payments are received by NASBA, a Notice to Schedule (NTS) will be issued to the candidate. The NTS is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in McAlester, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Woodward or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Oklahoma
Oklahoma CPA Application Process
Oklahoma CPA Application Forms
Oklahoma CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $50
Other fees: $50.00 application fee for each application submitted regardless of number of parts