Earn a scholarship for $2,500 cash and a free exam prep course
Surgent is proud to offer a semi-annual scholarship award to students aspiring to a career in accounting or financial services. Named in honor of a beloved team member who passed away in 2021, the Paul Wiese Bridge Builder Scholarship Award represents Surgent’s commitment to the learning and developing of students to achieve a thriving career. It was Paul’s commitment to supporting students in their career aspirations that made the naming of this award most fitting.
Scholarship award details
Our scholarship award program is open to all currently enrolled business students working towards an accounting or finance major and attending an accredited college or university within the United States. If chosen as our scholarship winner, you will receive $2,500 cash and a free exam prep course for the credential or certification of your choice: CPA, CMA, EA or SIE.
- Applicants must be a current student at an accredited college or university within the U.S.
- Applicants must be studying toward an accounting or finance-related degree.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicants must submit a copy of their current transcript.
Create and submit a video response to the following questions:
- What credential or certification do you wish to earn?
- What or who has inspired you to earn a credential or certification. Why were you inspired?
- Why do you think Surgent will help you achieve your goals?
- How do you think getting your credential or certification will change your life?
- Video must be at least one minute long and should not exceed three minutes in length.
- Video must be horizontally oriented.
- Do not include any background music in your submission.
- By submitting this video, you are granting us permission to use and repurpose its content.
- All submissions must be sent within the form — including a downloadable link to your video submission via Dropbox or similar service (please do not use WeTransfer).
We are now accepting scholarship applications for the Spring term. Submissions are due April 30, 2023. We look forward to reviewing your application!
In memory of Paul Wiese
Paul was an inspiring individual who loved to help students succeed. He cared deeply about educating the next generation of accounting and finance professionals. Paul oversaw Surgent’s university relationships and global partners. He provided innovative e-learning solutions to accounting and finance students, as well as to faculty. He was a beloved member of Beta Alpha Psi’s board of directors.
Paul will always be remembered for his never-ending love for his friends and family, and for his constant contributions of laughs and smiles wherever life took him. He was an amazing part of the Surgent team and we are honored to name this scholarship program in his memory. Paul will truly be missed and always remembered.
Surgent benefits students
Surgent supports you along your journey to becoming an accounting or finance professional. Our exam preparation courses equip you to take industry credentialing exams with confidence and for career success beyond an academic degree.
More to explore
Confidently plan your career path with insider insight into finance credentials and professions.
Stay on the cutting edge of what’s happening in the financial industry, from changes to the CPA exam to continuing education requirements, and more.
From EA to CMA to CPA, salaries can vary widely. Understand what you can expect in different finance careers when you earn your credential.