South Dakota (SD) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various South Dakota CPA Exam requirements:
South Dakota CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- 24 semester hours in accounting at the grad or undergrad level and 24 semester hours in general business
- May sit for exam 100 days before graduation
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours.
South Dakota CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
South Dakota CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application and enroll in your Surgent CPA Review course
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the South Dakota Board of Accountancy for their evaluation. If you do not anticipate there being any problems with your application, this is a great time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, the State Board will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for twelve months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Rapid City, Sioux Falls or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for South Dakota
South Dakota CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $0
Other fees: Exam Fees include a $30.00 application fee for each section taken.