Tennessee (TN) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Tennessee CPA Exam requirements:
Tennessee CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- At least 30 semester hours in accounting, including at least 24 hours completed at the upper division level, and at least 24 semester hours in general business, including at least 12 hours completed at the upper division level
- May sit 200 days prior to meeting educational requirements
Tennessee CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Tennessee CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to CPA Examination Services for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems with your application, this is a great time to begin studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, CPA Examination Services will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Chattanooga, Clarksville, Cordova, Franklin, Knoxville, Madison or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Tennessee
Tennessee CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $170
Other fees: Re-exam registration fee (varying amounts based on number of parts)