Washington DC CPA Exam Requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA examination by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the Washington DC CPA Exam requirements:
Washington DC CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the Exam? No
- Baccalaureate degree conferred by a 4 year college or university
- Concentration in accounting or the equivalent with a minimum of 3 semester hours in Commercial Law and a minimum of 24 semester hours in accounting subjects
- Applicant must possess one hundred twenty (120) semester hours of college education
- Need 150 hours for licensure but do not need 150 to sit for exam
Washington DC CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Washington DC CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee, OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to Promissor for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application, this is a great time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, the State Board will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). No further fees are due. You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in The District of Columbia or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Washington DC
Washington DC CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $175
Other fees: Initial application fee includes refundable license fee of $110 due at time of application. Re-examination fee $65.