Washington (WA) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the Washington CPA Exam requirements:
Washington CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- 24 semester hours in accounting with at least 15 of the hours at the junior, senior or graduate level and 24 hours in business subjects
- Educational requirements must be met no later than 210 days following the date the applicant sat for the first section of the CPA Exam
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours
Washington CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Washington CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? No
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to CPAES, for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application, this is a great time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, CPAES will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Mountlake Terrace, Puyallup, Spokane or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Washington
Washington CPA Application Process
Washington CPA Application Forms
Washington CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $155
Other fees: Re-exam registration fee (varying amounts based on number of parts)