Wyoming (WY) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the Wyoming CPA Exam requirements:
Wyoming CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- Baccalaureate with 24 semester hours or baccalaureate with 150 semester hours which includes 24 hours in upper division accounting and 24 hours in business courses
- Educational requirements must be completed no later than 90 days after the actual date the candidate took the first exam section
- Applicants who initially qualified for the exam before Jan. 1, 2012 may continue to apply for re-exam after Jan. 1, 2012 but must meet either 150 semester hours or one year of work experience or complete 4 years of work experience to qualify for certification
- Resident of Wyoming or regularly employed in Wyoming or graduate of University of Wyoming
Wyoming CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Wyoming CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? Yes
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the State Board for their evaluation. If you do not expect any problems in processing your application, this is a great time to start your studies with the Surgent CPA Review course.
- Pay the exam fees. After the candidate application has been processed, a payment coupon will be sent to the applicant. The exam fees for all four parts will total $709.20 and are payable to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) within a 90-day period. Once NASBA has received full payment, a Notice to Schedule will be issued to the candidate.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Casper or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Wyoming
Wyoming CPA Application Process
Wyoming CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $110
Other fees: Re-exam fee of $50.00, regardless of the number of sections requested.