Starting on Oct. 15, 2016, Prometric will be conducting much stricter inspections. These inspections include eyeglasses, jewelry and other accessories to inspect for camera devices that could be used to capture exam content.
Here are the very important guidelines that NASBA sent out to candidates:
- All candidates will be required to remove their eyeglasses for close visual inspection by the TCAs. These inspections will take a few seconds, and will be done at check-in and again upon return from breaks.
- Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited. Candidates should be instructed to not wear other jewelry to the test center.
- Hair accessories are subject to inspection. Candidates should be instructed to refrain from wearing ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands and other hair accessories, as they may be prohibited from wearing them in to the testing room and asked to store them in their locker.
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device prior to entering the testing room, we will confiscate it and they won’t be able to test.
- If a candidate is caught with a camera device while in the testing room, we will confiscate it and the Exam will be terminated.