( 800 ) 778.7436
Back to Cart
CMA Review Courses
CMA Exam ReadySCORE
Surgent Vs. Other Courses
About The CMA Exam
How to Pass the CMA Exam Quickly
CMA Career Opportunities
CMA Exam Study Guide
CMA Exam Pass Rate
Switch To Surgent & Save
CMA Exam FAQs
CMA Exam Frequently Asked Questions
When is the CMA Exam Offered?
is offered during two-month windows: January and February, May and June, and September and October.
Do I need to the take the CMA Exam parts in order?
No. You may take them in any order.
Where can I take the CMA Exam?
Exams are offered at Prometric test centers worldwide. Candidates can schedule their exams with Prometric at www.prometric.com/ICMA.
When are CMA exam scores released?
Scores are released about 6 weeks after the end of the testing month. Scores are posted to the candidate’s IMA profile immediately, and mailed within 2-3 weeks. In addition, detailed performance reports are mailed approximately 14 days after exam results are released.
How is the CMA Exam scored?
Multiple-choice questions count for 75% of candidates’ final scores, while essay questions make up the remaining 25%. Out of the 100 total MCQs, only 90 count towards the exam score, while the remaining 10 are being evaluated by the ICMA as a possible future exam question and do not count towards candidates’ exam score.
How much does the CMA Exam cost?
Students must pay a non-refundable CMA Entrance Fee of $188 and an Exam Fee of $311 per part. Professionals must pay a non-refundable CMA Entrance Fee of $250 and an Exam Fee of $415 per part.
In addition, candidates must be members of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA), which ranges from $39 for students, to $245 for professionals.
Do CMAs have continuing education requirements?
Yes. CMAs must complete at least 30 hours of continuing education per year, including 2 hours on the subject of ethics. Additionally, CMAs maintain their certification by paying the CMA Annual Fee, which includes active membership in the IMA.