This one-hour course will focus on the use of Excel® with Power BI and Power Query to organize and analyze data. Users will primarily work with calculated columns generated from existing data. They will walk through hands-on exercises to create calculated columns, add dimensions to existing data tables, and create hierarchies within the data tables. Special attention will be paid to Star Schema analytical modeling. To explore practical applications, users will apply the skills to journal entry testing.
- Understand the applicable Excel® skills required in making the transition to data analyst
- Understand evaluation context-row and filter context
- Understand the requirements to create calculated columns and apply that understanding to data
- Learn to create a dimension table in Power Query
- Learn to create hierarchies in Excel® with calculated columns
- Apply calculated column skills to a dataset related to journal entry testing.
Who Should Take This Course?
Auditors: Staff Auditors, Senior Auditors, Internal Auditors, Government Auditors
Accountants: Staff Accountants, Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers, Management Accountants
Analysts: Business Analysts, Financial Analysts