Louisiana (LA) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Louisiana CPA Exam requirements:
Louisiana CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- An accounting concentration of 24 semester hours at the undergraduate level or 21 semester hours at the graduate level and 24 semester hours of business courses other than accounting including Commercial Law suitable for the CPA Exam.
- Louisiana specifies the courses included in the 24 hours of accounting with only 6 hours of electives allowed.
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours.
- First-time candidates must have maintained continuous residency for 120 days within one year preceding the examination.
Louisiana CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: 18
Louisiana CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? Yes
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to CPA Examination Services for their evaluation. If you do not anticipate any problems in processing your application, this is a fantastic time to begin your studies with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, CPA Examination Services will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for nine months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Bossier City, Metairie or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Louisiana
Louisiana CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $150
Please note: Re-exam registration fee $75 regardless of the number of parts requested.