Mississippi (MS) CPA Exam requirements state that you must be declared eligible for the CPA Exam and then licensed by the state. A candidate becomes eligible for the CPA Exam by meeting specific requirements that are determined by the board of accountancy for their specific jurisdiction. Below are the various Mississippi CPA Exam requirements:
Mississippi CPA Exam Education Requirements
- Minimum Degree Required: Baccalaureate
- 150 Semester Hours Required to Sit for the CPA Exam? Yes
- Minimum of 24 semester hours in upper division or graduate level accounting and Minimum of 24 hours in upper division or graduate level business related courses
- Mississippi specifies the courses for 15 of the 24 accounting hours required
- Baccalaureate with 150 semester hours, except when proctored by another jurisdiction.
Mississippi CPA Exam Age Requirements
Age Minimum: None
Mississippi CPA Exam Residency Requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required: No
- Must be a resident, employee OR have office in the state? Yes
- Review the exam requirements
- Submit the exam application + enroll in Surgent CPA Review
- Request and forward transcripts. Contact any educational institutions attended and request that transcripts be forwarded to the State Board for their evaluation. If no application issues are expected, now is a great time to start studying with Surgent CPA Review.
- Pay the exam fees. After receiving the required information, the State Board will issue your Authorization to Test (ATT) to the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA). You will receive a Notice to Schedule (NTS) which is good for six months; however, since every third month is non-testing, the NTS covers four testing months.
- Schedule your exam. Your NTS allows you to start scheduling your exams. You can sit for the exam parts in any sequence so you can plan your reviews to coincide with your exam scheduling. The most efficient approach is to sit for two parts in each exam window; however, exam fees paid for parts not taken are not refundable. Exam times are scheduled with Prometric and can be set up online at www.prometric.com/cpa. You can take the exam at a site in Jackson, Tupelo or any other Prometric location that is convenient to you.
Key Exam Process Links for Mississippi
Mississippi CPA Exam Fees
Initial Application Fee: $150
Please note: Re-exam registration fee (varying amounts based on number of parts)