With the increase in measures taken to reduce the spread of COVID-19, Prometric has announced that it will extend the closure of test centers in the U.S. and Canada through April 30, with planned resumption of testing on May 1 across the United States and Canada. Earlier, this closure was expected to last until April 16. This step is being taken to further protect the health and well-being of the individual test takers of all exams as well as Prometric staff.
CPA Exam candidates with an existing appointment with Prometric will receive email instructions on how to reschedule their appointment to a future date once it is safe to resume testing, with no rescheduling fees. In anticipation of the reopening of test centers, an emergency testing period has also been invoked, extending the 2020 second-quarter testing window from June 10 to June 30 – before continuous testing is then rolled out in the third quarter of this year.
Alongside that, Prometric are taking precautions to ensure safety within all testing centers. These include:
1. Allowing candidates to use medical masks and gloves while they are testing. These will be subject to visual inspection prior to the test starting.
2. Regularly cleaning high-touch surfaces (test station keyboard keys, mouse, biometric touch chip device) and providing disposable wipes so that common surfaces can be wiped.
3. Regularly evaluating whether to close other testing centers with a close eye on specific government actions, including closing local offices, public spaces and university campuses.
4. Enforcing social distancing practices throughout the check-in and testing process, per local guidance.
5. Providing all Prometric test center staff with protective masks.
As test center closures are made on a case-by-case basis, they will be posted on the Prometric website as closure decisions are made. The countries listed below are likely to experience actions or a potential closure. CPA Exam candidates can check the site closure page often to see the status of your test center.
- United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- United States