Surgent’s professional educational staff thoroughly prepares individuals for successful Certified Management Accountant (CMA) careers.
John “Jack” Castonguay , PhD, CPA
- Assistant Professor of Accounting at Hofstra University in New York
- Has taught financial accounting, auditing and various research seminars at the graduate and undergraduate levels and is currently focused on emerging technologies and data analytics.
- Jack holds a BBA in Accounting and an MSA from James Madison University and received his PhD in Accounting from the University of Tennessee.
- CPA licensed in New York and Virginia
- Member, Institute of Management Accountants
Liz Kolar, CPA, CGMA
- Liz has been teaching CPA Review for more than 25 years in the United States and has personally taught more than 2,500 live sessions.
- Founded Pinnacle CPA Review and co-founded Surgent Kolar CPA Review
- Recipient of the ASWA Business Woman of the Year Northeast Region, Distinguished Faculty Member of the Year, and PICPA Outstanding Educator of the Year
- Liz began her career in Public Accounting with a Big Four accounting firm auditing financial service clients after graduating from Pace University with an MBA in Public Accounting.
- Currently a professor at Delaware Valley University
Joshua Zender, CPA, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CGFM
- Dr. Zender is an active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and serves as an Associate Professor at Cal Poly Humboldt (California State Polytechnic University, Humboldt) within the California State University system.
- Teaches financial, managerial, auditing, cost, tax, governmental and nonprofit accounting at the undergraduate level, as well as corporate social responsibility and accounting/business ethics within the MBA program
- Published in Strategic Finance, the Journal of Government Financial Management, Treasury Management and the Journal of Cases in Educational Leadership, as well as other business journals, and has contributed to several accounting textbooks.
- Served as a municipal finance manager, auditor and consultant for large governments and Big Four consulting/accounting firms.
- Dr. Zender holds his PhD from Auburn University in Alabama.
Mark M. Ulrich, MBA, CPA
- Currently, Mark is an Assistant Professor at Queensborough Community College of the City University of New York
- Prior to his career in academia, he worked for KPMG as a Senior Audit Associate and also worked at St. John’s University in Queens, New York, as the Director of Budgets and Compliance for the Peter J. Tobin College of Business.
- Currently serves on the Board of Directors of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA), is a Past President and current Treasurer of the Queens/Brooklyn Chapter of the NYSSCPA and sits on the NYSSCPA’s Future of Accounting Education Committee.
- He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from St. John’s University in 2006, his MBA in Accounting from St. John’s University in 2007 and his CPA license from the State of New York in 2008.
Learn more about Surgent’s Certified Management Accountant review courses.